Monday 18 October 2010

Sexual Health


Had an appointment today at 17:00

The first opportunity to meet my new GP manifested itself as a clipped conversation around thrush and a swab - exactly the sort of thing that happens to me.


Looking back, I was faintly aware of the small voice which said "looking up male sexual health swabbing on the internet is a bad idea" before I then actually did so. Turns out that it was a bad idea.

I would suggest not looking for videos on youtube for this topic - especially if you are doing so as pre-appointment research.

The reality of the male sexual health swab (in my brief experience) is nothing like the horror stories that can be read, seen and heard.

Stories of apparatus inserted all over the place could not be further from the truth.

Have to ring up to get the results on either Thursday or Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment